£40 for 4 x adult & child classes, OR £15 per class.
Join us for 4 x Friday cookery lessons online, all taking place from 3.45pm.
We'll be cooking dishes from all over the world, encouraging adult and children to learn new skills, and experimenting with different flavours. You'll make enough food for a family of four (2 adults, 2 children) to enjoy, You will be sent a class ingredients/shopping list the week before the lessons so that you have time to add this to your shop before the class.
Children aged 3-17yrs plus adult.
We recommend that children taking part are aged 3 - 17yrs, and that a grown also joins to act as 'Sous Chef'!, and assist and supervise where required. Dishes covered will be...
Friday 22 Jan, 3.45pm start - Lamb Samosas
Friday 29 Jan, 3.45pm start - Banoffee pie & homemade burgers
Friday 5 Feb, 3.45pm start - TSC chicken & wedges 'your way' (with our 'not so secret' blend of spices!)
Friday 12 Feb, 3.45pm start - Chinese spring rolls
CLASS INFORMATION: Class run time - classes will run for a minimum of 1hr and a maximum of 1.5hrs based upon the days dish.
Class tutors: Regan & Sidney Anderton
HOW WILL THE ONLINE COOKERY LESSONS WORK?:
1. The cookery lessons will take place each Friday at 3.45pm
2. The cook-along will take place by video call using Zoom (this will NOT be a public broadcast, it will only be accessible by subscribed students of The Cooking Shed via a provided password prtoected access). You will be sent a link to access this before the class date. If you have never used Zoom, please join a little early as your computer will have to download a little piece of software but DON’T WORRY, it’s perfectly safe! You could access this via mobile, but we would recommend using a computer if you can as you’ll be able to see the screen/tutor and other participants much more clearly.
3. Once logged in to Zoom, at the bottom of your Zoom screen you will see options to turn your video on/off and your sound on/off. We will start the session with our sound and video on to say hello (and keep our video turned on for the whole of the session so that your tutors, Regan & Sidney can see if you require any assistance), but once the tutor starts the cooking part of the session, please turn your sound off so that background noise is reduced. Clearly if you have a question though, turn the sound back on and ask it, then go back to off/mute it again.
4. You will need to have all of your ingredients out on the worktop and pre-measured in advance of the session (don't worry about chopping/peeling things - we'll be doing this together in the class!)
5. We will share the full and written recipe before the cook-along so that you have it to hand if needed or for future reference, or incase you loose connection at any point throughout the class.
6. Classes require an adult to be present throughout so that they can help to supervise when using sharp or hot items.
7. You will be required to source ingredients ahead of the lesson - if you struggle to get anything from the ingredients list supplied and require an alternative suggestion please just let us know. Ingredients lists will be sent to you a upon booking before your class start date.
Adult & Child 'make your own home-school dinners'
All children must be aged 3 years and over, and accompanied by an adult.
Class tutors are Enhanced DBS cleared & Emergency first aid trained.
The price quoted is for one child aged 3yrs+ in a lesson plus adult. Adults must be present in the room at home with children throughout the lesson, and and allergy or dietary information should be supplied to The Cooking Shed upon booking.