Join us for an online adult and child cookery lesson, making homemade Burgers and Rocky Rd on Sunday 21 June from 10.30am (run time approx 1.5hrs).
You will make enough food for a family of four to enjoy, and you have the option to either purchase the ingredients yourself, or if you live within a 2 mile radius of BR4 0BJ (see radius map in product info) you can choose to have ingredients supplied for an additional cost, and delivered to you the day before the class.
HOW WILL THE ONLINE COOKERY LESSON WORK?:
1. The cook-along will take place by video call using Zoom (this will not be a public broadcast, it will only be accessible by students of The Cooking Shed). You will be sent a link to access this before the class date. If you have never used Zoom, please join a little early as your computer will have to download a little piece of software but DON’T WORRY, it’s perfectly safe! You could access this via mobile, but we would recommend using a computer if you can as you’ll be able to see the screen/tutor and other participants much more clearly.
2. Once logged in to Zoom, at the bottom of your Zoom screen you will see options to turn your video on/off and your sound on/off. We will start the session with our sound and video on to say hello (and keep our video turned on for the whole of the session so that your tutor, Regan can see if you require any assistance), but once the tutor starts the cooking part of the session, please turn your sound off so that background noise is reduced. Clearly if you have a question though, turn the sound back on and ask it, then go back to off/mute it again.
3. You will need to have all of your ingredients out on the worktop and pre-measured in advance of the session.
4. We will share the full and written recipe before the cook-along so that you have it to hand if needed or for future reference, or incase you loose connection at any point throughout the class.
5. Please ensure that you have a grown up with you so that they can help to supervise when using sharp or hot items - you will be cooking together, so having the adult in the room with you is a must for your safety.
6. If you live within a 2 mile radius of The Cooking Shed address (BR4 0BJ) and would like us to deliver the ingredients required for the lesson to your doorstep, then we can do this for you - deliveries will take place between 3pm and 6.30pm the day before your class. Alternatively if you live further than this and would like to collect the ingredients from The Cooking Shed on the morning before the class, please contact us and we can arrange this for you - no personal contact will be necessary (pick up should be between 8.15am and 9.15am). If you cannot collect the ingredients, or have them delivered to you, then you will be required to source them yourself - if you struggle to get anything from the ingredients list supplied and require an alternative suggestion please just let us know as soon as possible. Ingredients lists will be sent to you upon completion of booking.
Adult & child online cookery lesson - homemade Burgers & Rocky Rd
All children must be aged 3yrs years and over and accompanied by an adult throughout the class.
Class tutors are Enhanced DBS cleared & Emergency first aid trained.
The price quoted is for one adult and one child to attend an online lesson together. Adults must be present in the room at home with children throughout the lesson, and and allergy or dietary information should be supplied to The Cooking Shed upon booking.