In this 2hr online adult cookery class you will learn...
- Basic knife skills
- How to cook a mixed Paella (mussels, prawns, pork, chicken)
- How to make a half litre of Sangria
Under the guidance of your tutor, Regan Anderton. You'll be given top tips throughout the class, including valuable knife skills, and if you'd like to stay online after the session has finished, you'll be welcomed to enjoy the Paella together with a *complementary Sangria (*if you choose for ingredients to be provided) online.
NOTE: Portions enough to feed 2 adults
HOW WILL THE ONLINE COOKERY LESSON WORK?:
1. The lesson will take place by video conference using Zoom (this will not be a public broadcast, it will only be accessible by class attendees signed up to this course). You will be sent a link to access this before the class date from your computer or tablet. If you have never used Zoom, please join a little early as your computer will have to download a little piece of software but DON’T WORRY, it’s perfectly safe! You could access this via mobile, but we would recommend using a computer or tablet if you can as you’ll be able to see the screen/tutor and other participants much more clearly.
2. Once logged in to Zoom, at the bottom of your Zoom screen you will see options to turn your video on/off and your sound on/off. We will start the sessions with our sound and video on to say hello (and keep our video turned on for the whole of the session so that your tutors can see if you require any assistance), but once the tutor starts the teaching part of the session, please turn your sound off so that background noise is reduced. Clearly if you have a question though, turn the sound back on and ask it, then go back to off/mute it again.
3. You will need to have all of your ingredients out on the worktop in advance of the session so that you have everything to hand.
4. We will share the full and written recipe before the cook-along so that you have it to hand if needed or for reference.
5. If you live within a 2 mile radius of The Cooking Shed address (BR4 0BJ) and would like us to deliver the ingredients required for the lesson to your doorstep, then we can do this for you - deliveries will take place between 4pm and 6pm the day before your lesson. Alternatively if you live further than this and would like to collect the ingredients from The Cooking Shed, please contact Regan and she will arrange a time for you to come and collect them the morning before your class…the side gate and shed will be open for you to collect your ingredients, meaning that no personal contact will be necessary. If you cannot collect the ingredients, or have them delivered to you, then you will be required to source them yourself in advance of the lesson. A full ingredients and equipment list will be sent to you in advance.
Thurs 18 June, 7.30pm