For some, making bread is a religion - for others, it's a gluten induced hell. What most don't know though, is that sourdough, with a slow fermentation, is the most digestible and least bloating of all breads. In this 3 hour adult class - held in The Cooking Shed, West Wicham, you will...
- Create and maintain a starter
- Make a sourdough loaf with the stretch and fold method
- Be taught and then practice creating structure on sourdough ready for proving
- Observe and discuss the cooking preparation and methods
- Take your prepared sourdough home to prove overnight in a lovely cane banneton (provided within the class cost) for you to bake and enjoy fresh the following day from your own oven
- Be given full written instructions to re-create sourdough again & again
- Take home an active starter to ensure a good basis for your next loaf
- Enjoy tasting some freshly baked sourdough with homemade jam, butter, and a cuppa.
CLASS TUTOR: Julie Shelton
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the close proximity of students within The Cooking Shed, customers attending the session will be required to wear a face visor. These can be obtained online, and we would recommend something similar to this. To view our 'Keeping you safe through COVID' action plan, please click here