Fancy a birthday party with a difference? then let The Cooking Shed come to you....wherever you are in the world!
Just because we can't be with our friends and loved ones physically at the moment, it doesn't mean that we can't still celebrate special ocassions and be with each other virtually! So, at The Cooking Shed, we have adapted our birthday cooking parties to be able to bring them to you and your friends virtually - via Zoom. You can invite up to 12 friends, and cook-along in your own homes under the guidance of one of our fab tutors. (You'll also need a grown-up on hand just to ensure you're safe, and to lend a hand if needed). Once you've finished making your food, you'll get half an hour to stay online to enjoy chatting together whilst enjoying what you've made.
We have many different main and dessert dishes on offer from all over the world to choose from, but here’s an example of what a standard party at home format would look like...
- Upon booking and selecting your main course and dessert to make, we will email an ingredients list to you for circulating with all of your guests, plus access information to your virtual party.
- Logon via the secure password protected link that we'll send you (we recommend you do this 15 minutes before the session starts just incase you need to download some software to your machine before - don't worry, it's perfectly safe!
- Wash hands & pop on an apron if you have one, so that you're ready to cook
- Have your ingredients and equipment from the lists provided set out in front of you, ready to cook
- Tutor will welcome you all and we'll all introduce ourselves via video chat
- Make main course together under guidance of the tutor
- Make dessert together under guidance of the tutor
- Enjoy eating what you've made together whilst chatting and staying online
Here are just some of the dishes that children can choose from to make in the session...
Italian meatballs and spaghetti
Homemade pizza with various toppings
Homemade burgers with potato wedges
Homemade veggie burgers with potato wedges
Moroccan lamb meatballs with pomegranate cous cous
Tomato soup with homemade bread rolls
Greek lamb kofta & flatbreads
Chocolate dipped strawberries or mini bananas
PLEASE NOTE: It can become a little confusing for adaptations of dishes to be made online for different party members, so if anyone in your party has a special dietary requirement, we recommend that you select dishes that are suitable for all.
The cost covers up to 13 screens to logon (this includes the birthday child) and 1 parent/guardian will be required in each home to be on hand to help if/when required, and to ensure the child is safely doing what the tutor is instructing. Your cooking session will last for up to 1.5hrs, with and additional half an hour at the end for you to stay online and chat whilst enjoying what you've made.
Virtual party (ingredients to be sourced by participants):
£160 for up to 13 screens/children to participate in a 1.5hr cooking session.
All of our tutors are emergency first aid certified, hold an enhanced DBS, and are fully insured.
Worldwide virtual cooking parties - celebrations in isolation!
We ask that a parent or guardian is in attendance for the duration of the class to help assist the children throughout the class if they need additional help with cutting/prep'ing/using hot equipement, or carry out duties provided by the tutor.
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE BOOKING email@example.com to ensure that we have time and dates available that you would like to book. The price quoted is for a maximum of 13 screens/children, aged 6yrs and over. If you have fewer than 13 children in attendence, we're afraid that the price still remains the same.
For any questions please call us on 07525 763198.