Summer salmon & courgetti recipe
It was so lovely to see so many of you at The Kitchen Range in West Wickham last night. As requested and promised, we're sharing our summer salmon, pea, mint & courgetti recipe that we demo'd for you to try. It's a simple, low calorie, nutritious and delicious dish that even won over a 'non-vegetable' eater last night! If you can make a stir fry, you can make this...
1 teaspoon rapeseed or vegetable oil
Cup of frozen peas
2 smoked salmon fillets (boned and skinless)
3 medium sized courgettes (spiralised in to strings)
Half a lemon (zest and juice)
1 tablespoon fresh mint finely chopped
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Fine grating of parmesan (approx 2 teaspoons) - optional
Sea salt & ground black pepper
Prepare all above ingredients ahead so that you can simply pop each item in to the pan as you go.
- serves 2 adults -
1. Cut the salmon fillets in to approx 2x2cm cubes
2. Add the oil to a large frying or saute pan on a medium heat
3. Add the peas to the pan and cook for 1 minute
4. Add in the salmon and courgetti
5. Grate in the zest of the lemon and squeeze in the juice
6. Add the white wine vinegar and mint, and give everything a good toss with some tongs
7. Cook until the salmon is no longer transparent (approx 2 mins) and then plate up
8. Sprinkle over the parmesan and add a twist of salt and pepper
The Kitchen Range on West Wickham High Street sell some fab spiralisers - our favourite is a small and compact one that resembles a large pencil sharpener. Mention 'The Cooking Shed' and the lovely staff at The Kitchen Range will be happy to show you their range of different ones, and you'll receive 10% off of all items in the shop!