Always a dinner party favourite, and simple to make ahead. You could try and kinds of fruit combinations for the top like apple and blackberry, or a nice sharp mango & passion fruit. Don't forget to take a pic if you make it, and share with us on our Facebook page :)
2 gelatine sheets
350ml double cream
125ml full fat milk
1 dessertspoon vanilla extract
100g caster sugar
- serves 4 -
200g fresh strawberries (tops taken off and rough chopped)
40g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place the gelatine strips into a bowl of cold water and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
2. Add the cream, milk, vanilla extract and sugar in to a small saucepan and place on a medium heat. Stir, and gently heat until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Ring out the gelatine strips and add them to the saucepan - stir until the strips have melted into the mixture.
4. Leave the mixture to cool for 15 minutes
5. Stir the mixture and pour into
ramekins Place in the fridge for approx 3 hours or until set.
To make the strawberry topping, place all ingredients in a jug and blitz until smooth with a stick blender. Then place the fluid in to a small saucepan, warm until the sugar has dissolved, and strains through a sieve.
Leave to cool until ready to serve.
6. When ready to serve, pop a spoonful of the strawberry mixture on top of each panna cotta