YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
At The Cooking Shed we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
• what information we collect when you use The Cooking Shed website (the “Site”), when you communicate with us, or when you visit one of our classes or events
• how we use your information
• how we share your information
• how long we keep your information and how it is stored
• our approach to sensitive personal information
• what options you have to control your information
• the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
• how we communicate changes to this Policy
Please contact if you would like to discuss this with us or have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
Date updated 24/05/2018
1. ABOUT US
This Site is run by The Cooking Shed Limited. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (as amended or superseded) The Cooking Shed is the “controller” of the personal information collected through the Site, by phone or at any Cooking Shed events or classes.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
1. Information we collect when you visit our Site
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
• place an order through our Site;
• fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback, enter a competition or respond to a survey;
• subscribe to our mailing list.
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
• we record details of the resources that you access to visit our Site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.) however this information is anonymous
• we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available. Again, this information is anonymous to us.
2. Information we collect at our events and in classes
We will collect personal information that you provide to us in our classes when you:
• complete welcome and feedback forms in class
• Complete consent forms for children’s classes
• Complete feedback forms at events
3. Information we collect when you contact us
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, e-mail, via forms on the website, Live Chat or via social media.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information in the following ways:
1. For the performance of a contract between you and us:
• to fulfil any order that you place with us;
• to collect payment from you;
• to provide you with a receipt
• to protect and defend our legal rights and interests.
2. Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
• to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services;
• to administer competitions that you have entered;
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you.
If you want to change the details that you have registered with us, or unsubscribe altogether, this can be done by contacting email@example.com.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
• We do not share your information with any other company or third party.
We receive insights from Facebook about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns which you experience on our social channels, helps to better target our advertising.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
• for as long as you subscribe to receive marketing information;
• for consent forms containing personal secure information, these will be destroyed at the end of the class series when no longer required.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be processed by our staff to the extent necessary to fulfil your service. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal information, its storage and processing.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server - via wix.com and on a secure password protected computer.
RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format.
Please contact if you would like to make a request - please be aware that we will require identification in order to be able to release data securely.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an e-mail with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about the Policy and practices of this Site you can contact us at